As California has fully reopened, we are excited for the opportunity to have our community back together. We are excited to now offer classes with props, hands-on assists, in person workshops with more than a couple hands-full of people. We need to keep what we learned that was good during the pandemic (zoom’d time shifted classes, outdoor classes for example) while moving ahead with more types of classes and for different groups of people.
That being said, we are going to make sure we do it in a steady and safe way – the Covid pandemic looks to be winding down but there is so much we still do not know – so we are going to take our time, be cautious and thoughtful as we move ahead.
The health and well-being of our community has always been a top priority. Many of the strict Covid protocols will stay as we move ahead:
- More frequent disinfecting and cleaning particularly in high-touch surfaces and studio floors and bathrooms with disinfectant proven to kill viruses liked COVID-19.
- Continuous air filtration in the studios before, during and after classes to improve air circulation for better filtration and purification.
- Face masks for everyone when not on your mat indoors.
- Limited occupation and use of the bathrooms (sorry no showers right now)
- Limited class size: we are exceeding CDC recommendations of being six feet apart and will migrate to CDC recommendations as more and more people are vaccinated.
Vaccination Requirements: In order to attend any indoor class or workshop, you will need to be fully vaccinated (two weeks past your last vaccination shot). You will need to bring proof of your vaccination (vaccination card, picture, CDC website) to the studio one time only – we will note the date of your last vaccination in your Mindbody account.
There is no vaccination/PCR Testing requirement to attend any in person, outdoor class.
Note: If you have a severe, documented, immunological, allergic, or other medical issue that prevents you from being vaccinated please reach out to the studio and we’ll work with you to figure out how to best participate in Nandi classes.
Indoor Mask Requirements: A mask covering your mouth and nose will continue to be required indoors at all times while moving around the studio; you may remove your mask on your mat while practicing.
For outdoor classes, we will follow all state and local requirements which as of now, do not require you to wear a mask while social distancing (which includes when you are on your mat). We will continue to ensure adequate spacing between students during class out of an abundance of caution.
Before You Practice
- If you feel unwell for any reason or have any concerns about practicing at the studio, please stay home and do one of our online classes.
- If you have a cough, fever or any symptoms of COVID-19, do not come to the studio until you are symptom-free and fever-free for 10 days.
- If you have tested positive for COVID-19 or have knowingly come in contact with someone who has, do not come to the studio for 10days or until you’ve tested negative for COVID-19 more than 5 days after exposure.
- If you have not been fully vaccinated and have travelled outside the Bay Area, do not come to the studio for 10 days after your return.
- If you have not been fully vaccinated and have visitors from out of the Bay Area, do not come to the studio for 10 days from when they first arrived.
- Upon making your first reservation, you will be directed to fill out an updated waiver online. Please do so BEFORE you come to the studio.
- Please keep personal items to a minimum.
Reservations A Must!
- Because of the limited number of spots available in each class, you must reserve your spot online. You are limited to taking one class a day. This is to ensure that everyone who wants to come to the studio has that opportunity.
- If you are waitlisted for a class, do NOT come to the studio – we will email or call you if we can clear you off the list at the latest one hour before the start of class.
- Our cancellation policy is 24 hours in advance. No exceptions. If you cancel less than 12 hours before class, you will incur a $20 no show fee.
Checking In Procedures
- In order to minimize the amount of time and people in the studio, we ask that you arrive just 5-15 minutes before class dressed and ready to go.
- We will check you in as you enter the studio.
- We will have markers both outside on the sidewalk and inside the studio so please keep 6’ apart from your fellow students..
- Use the hand sanitizer upon entry.
- You will be directed to where the outdoor classes are being held across the street if an outdoor class. Please take your shoes off before going on the mats.
- Water bottles are permitted and the filtered water in the bathrooms are now operational. No food can be consumed indoors in the studio.
- If a class is full your reservation will be cancelled 5 minutes before class and you’ll be charged – a zoom link will be sent to you if the class is being recorded.
Props: For indoor classes, we now offer blocks, straps, and blankets and have mats available for rent. You will be directed where to pick up the clean props and where to leave them after class. We hope to be able to have bolsters available soon as well but are taking it one step at a time. For outdoor classes, you will need to continue to bring your own props.
- Please make sure you maintain social distancing as you leave the outdoor studio.
- Our retail store is open. Please avoid touching items as much as possible. If you’d like to make a purchase, please stand on the floor marker when waiting in line.
- At this time, we cannot we accept any returns – all sales are final.
Please bear with us as we navigate through all of these changes – there will be challenges adjusting to this new “normal” and we anticipate that we may have to adjust our approach as new data emerges and the government responds to the pandemic. We are working toward getting back to our pre-March 16th, 2020 schedule and hope to have everything back and running by the end of the year. Thank you for your patience.