Update March 28th (2022): Masks are no longer required while on your mat for most classes – please see class description for whether masks are required for your particular class. We now offer all props except eye and neck pillows – so blocks, straps, bolsters, etc. are available and mats are available for rent (free on a 3 class New to Nandi). We have expanded our schedule and hope to continue to increase our offers and reduce covid restrictions as the pandemic further wanes.
Update January 10th (2022): Starting February 15th, 2022, you will need to have had an FDA approved Covid booster shot to attend in person classes.
Update August 3rd: effective immediately, you must wear a mask at all times you are indoors, including during class per the San Mateo County Order. You do not have to wear a mask for outdoor classes. In addition, to attend any class at Nandi you must be fully vaccinated with an FDA approved vaccine. For indoor classes we will continue to supply all props; for outdoor classes, we will now supply blocks and straps but can not supply blankets or bolsters for sanitary reasons – we are sorry for the inconvenience. Please check our Newsflash link from our home page for regular updates to our policy.
As California has fully reopened, we are excited for the opportunity to have our community back together. We are excited to now offer classes with props, hands-on assists, in person workshops with more than a couple hands-full of people. We need to keep what we learned that was good during the pandemic (zoom’d time shifted classes, outdoor classes for example) while moving ahead with more types of classes and for different groups of people.
That being said, we are going to make sure we do it in a steady and safe way – the Covid pandemic looks to be winding down but there is so much we still do not know – so we are going to take our time, be cautious and thoughtful as we move ahead.
The health and well-being of our community has always been a top priority. Many of the strict Covid protocols will stay as we move ahead:
- More frequent disinfecting and cleaning particularly in high-touch surfaces and studio floors and bathrooms with disinfectant proven to kill viruses liked COVID-19.
- Continuous air filtration in the studios before, during and after classes to improve air circulation for better filtration and purification.
- Face masks for everyone when not on your mat indoors.
- Limited occupation and use of the bathrooms (sorry no showers right now)
- Limited class size: we are exceeding CDC recommendations of being six feet apart and will migrate to CDC recommendations as more and more people are vaccinated.
Vaccination Requirements: In order to attend any class or workshop, you will need to be fully vaccinated with an FDA approved vaccine (two weeks past your last vaccination shot). You will need to bring proof of your vaccination (vaccination card, picture, CDC website) to the studio one time only – we will note the date of your last vaccination in your Mindbody account.
Note: If you have a severe, documented, immunological, allergic, or other medical issue that prevents you from being vaccinated please reach out to the studio and we’ll work with you to figure out how to best participate in Nandi classes.
Indoor Mask Requirements: A mask covering your mouth and nose will continue to be required indoors at all times while inside the studio.
For outdoor classes, no mask is required and we will follow all state and local requirements. We will continue to ensure adequate spacing between students during class out of an abundance of caution.
Before You Practice
- If you feel unwell for any reason or have any concerns about practicing at the studio, please stay home and do one of our online classes.
- If you have a cough, fever or any symptoms of COVID-19, do not come to the studio until you are symptom-free and fever-free for 10 days.
- If you have tested positive for COVID-19 or have knowingly come in contact with someone who has, do not come to the studio for 10days or until you’ve tested negative for COVID-19 more than 5 days after exposure.
- If you have traveled to a high risk Covid area in the last 10 days, we ask that you take classes on Zoom until either the 10 days are up and symptom free or until you have had a negative PCR test taken at least 5 days after you returned from your travels.
- Upon making your first reservation, you will be directed to fill out an updated waiver online. Please do so BEFORE you come to the studio.
- Please keep personal items to a minimum.
Reservations A Must!
- Because of the limited number of spots available in each class, you must reserve your spot online. You are limited to taking one class a day. This is to ensure that everyone who wants to come to the studio has that opportunity.
- If you are waitlisted for a class, do NOT come to the studio – we will email or call you if we can clear you off the list at the latest one hour before the start of class.
- Our cancellation policy is 24 hours in advance. No exceptions. If you cancel less than 12 hours before class, you will incur a $20 no show fee.
Checking In Procedures
- In order to minimize the amount of time and people in the studio, we ask that you arrive just 5-15 minutes before class dressed and ready to go.
- We will check you in as you enter the studio.
- We will have markers both outside on the sidewalk and inside the studio so please keep 6’ apart from your fellow students..
- Use the hand sanitizer upon entry.
- You will be directed to where the outdoor classes are being held across the street if an outdoor class. Please take your shoes off before going on the mats.
- Water bottles are permitted and the filtered water in the bathrooms are now operational. No food can be consumed indoors in the studio.
- If a class is full your reservation will be cancelled 5 minutes before class and you’ll be charged – a zoom link will be sent to you if the class is being recorded.
Props: For indoor classes, we now offer blocks, straps, blankets and bolsters and have mats available for rent. You will be directed where to pick up the clean props and where to leave them after class. For outdoor classes, we can provide blocks and straps but we cannot provide bolsters or blankets for sanitary reasons but we do have them for sale inside our retail shop.
- Please make sure you maintain social distancing as you leave the outdoor studio.
- Our retail store is open. Please avoid touching items as much as possible. If you’d like to make a purchase, please stand on the floor marker when waiting in line.
- At this time, we cannot we accept any returns – all sales are final.
Please bear with us as we navigate through all of these changes – there will be challenges adjusting to this new “normal” and we anticipate that we may have to adjust our approach as new data emerges and the government responds to the pandemic. We are working toward getting back to our pre-March 16th, 2020 schedule and hope to have everything back and running by the end of the year. Thank you for your patience.