Update Dec 2022: No change in our protocols – with a possible new surge and other upper respiratory viruses around, we urge everyone to be cautious – we welcome everyone to the studio but should you have any symptoms, please stay home and zoom a class instead; we will always early cancel you out of a class if you directly book through us (no charge – if you booked through Class Pass you’ll need to cancel through Class Pass directly to avoid being charged) – so please stay safe!
Update August 14 (2022): With the decline of the current surge and the change in CDC guidance, Nandi is changing its health and safety protocols; our focus is shifting to overall health and wellness safety measures from any airborne or physical virus or disease (in addition to our other safety protocols).
For airborne illnesses, we will continue to have appropriate venting and spacing protocols. If you are showing any signs of illness (Covid, flu or otherwise) – fever, cough, chills, running nose or you have been in close contact to anyone who has shown these symptoms in the past seven days, we ask that you not attend in person classes during that period but join our virtual classes instead. A Covid vaccine and booster is recommended but not required to attend in person classes (unless specifically recommended against by your doctor or medical professionals). We would urge you to follow CDC guidance for all vaccines. You are always welcome to wear a mask at the studio and the CDC guidelines suggest doing so is the safest way to protect against any airborne infection.
For physical contact transmissible illnesses, if there is any risk of you being contagious, we would ask that you not attend in person until such time has passed. We do follow a very rigorous cleaning policy of all common areas and surfaces – obviously not everything can be caught during and between classes but we are taking the steps we believe are prudent to keep people safe.
If you have any questions, please reach out to any staff member for more information.
Update June 13 (2022): With the current surge, we want to remind you that if you have tested positive for Covid, you must wait a minimum of 10 days from first test before returning to in person classes and you must have two consecutive negative tests in days 6 through 10 after first testing positive. If you are prescribed the anti-virals for Covid, then you must wait 6 full days after completing the antiviral regimen and have two consecutive negative tests during those six days.
If you have any cough, fever, cold symptoms or the like, for any reason, PLEASE stay home and stream a class instead. We cannot allow people in the studio with any kind of symptoms while this surge is going on because so many people are testing negative but carrying the virus – so we have to do the best we can to protect those who are coming to the studio. We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your support as we try and keep the studio open and keep people safe.
Update May 21st (2022): Masks are no longer required while on your mat for most classes – please see class description for whether masks are required for your particular class. We now offer all props except eye and neck pillows – so blocks, straps, bolsters, etc. are available and mats are available for rent (free on a 3 class New to Nandi). We have expanded our schedule and hope to continue to increase our offers and reduce covid restrictions as the pandemic further wanes.
Update January 10th (2022): Starting February 15th, 2022, you will need to have had an FDA approved Covid booster shot to attend in person classes.
As California has fully reopened, we are excited for the opportunity to have our community back together. We are excited to now offer classes with props, hands-on assists, in person workshops with more than a couple hands-full of people. We need to keep what we learned that was good during the pandemic (zoom’d time shifted classes, outdoor classes for example) while moving ahead with more types of classes and for different groups of people.
That being said, we are going to make sure we do it in a steady and safe way – the Covid pandemic looks to be winding down but there is so much we still do not know – so we are going to take our time, be cautious and thoughtful as we move ahead.
The health and well-being of our community has always been a top priority. Many of the strict Covid protocols will stay as we move ahead:
- More frequent disinfecting and cleaning particularly in high-touch surfaces and studio floors and bathrooms with disinfectant proven to kill viruses liked COVID-19.
- Continuous air filtration in the studios before, during and after classes to improve air circulation for better filtration and purification.
- Face masks for everyone when not on your mat indoors.
- Limited occupation and use of the bathrooms (sorry no showers right now)
- Limited class size: we are exceeding CDC recommendations of being six feet apart and will migrate to CDC recommendations as more and more people are vaccinated.
Vaccination Requirements: In order to attend any class or workshop, you will need to be fully vaccinated and if more than 6 months since your first series, boosted with an FDA approved vaccine (two weeks past your last vaccination shot for first series, next day after booster shot)). You will need to bring proof of your vaccination (vaccination card, picture, CDC website) to the studio one time only – we will note the date of your last vaccination in your Mindbody account.
Note: If you have a severe, documented, immunological, allergic, or other medical issue that prevents you from being vaccinated please reach out to the studio and we’ll work with you to figure out how to best participate in Nandi classes.
Indoor Mask Requirements: Masks are optional – feel free to wear a mask but you are not required to wear a mask.
Before You Practice
- If you feel unwell for any reason or have any concerns about practicing at the studio, please stay home and do one of our online classes.
- If you have a cough, fever or any symptoms of COVID-19, do not come to the studio until you are symptom-free and fever-free for 10 days.
- If you have tested positive for COVID-19 or have knowingly come in contact with someone who has, do not come to the studio for 10days or until you’ve tested negative for COVID-19 more than 5 days after exposure.
- If you have traveled to a high risk Covid area in the last 10 days, we ask that you take classes on Zoom until either the 10 days are up and symptom free or until you have had a negative PCR test taken at least 5 days after you returned from your travels.
- Upon making your first reservation, you will be directed to fill out an updated waiver online. Please do so BEFORE you come to the studio.
- Please keep personal items to a minimum.
Reservations A Must!
- Because of the limited number of spots available in each class, you must reserve your spot online. You are limited to taking one class a day. This is to ensure that everyone who wants to come to the studio has that opportunity.
- If you are waitlisted for a class, do NOT come to the studio – we will email or call you if we can clear you off the list at the latest one hour before the start of class.
- Our cancellation policy is 24 hours in advance. No exceptions. If you cancel less than 12 hours before class, you will incur a $20 no show fee.
Checking In Procedures
- In order to minimize the amount of time and people in the studio, we ask that you arrive just 5-15 minutes before class dressed and ready to go.
- We will check you in as you enter the studio.
- We will have markers both outside on the sidewalk and inside the studio so please keep 6’ apart from your fellow students..
- Use the hand sanitizer upon entry.
- You will be directed to where the outdoor classes are being held across the street if an outdoor class. Please take your shoes off before going on the mats.
- Water bottles are permitted and the filtered water in the bathrooms are now operational. No food can be consumed indoors in the studio.
- If a class is full your reservation will be cancelled 5 minutes before class and you’ll be charged – a zoom link will be sent to you if the class is being recorded.
Props: For indoor classes, we now offer blocks, straps, blankets and bolsters and have mats available for rent. You will be directed where to pick up the clean props and where to leave them after class. For outdoor classes, we can provide blocks and straps but we cannot provide bolsters or blankets for sanitary reasons but we do have them for sale inside our retail shop.
- Please make sure you maintain social distancing as you leave the outdoor studio.
- Our retail store is open. Please avoid touching items as much as possible. If you’d like to make a purchase, please stand on the floor marker when waiting in line.
- At this time, we cannot we accept any returns – all sales are final.
Please bear with us as we navigate through all of these changes – there will be challenges adjusting to this new “normal” and we anticipate that we may have to adjust our approach as new data emerges and the government responds to the pandemic. We are working toward getting back to our pre-March 16th, 2020 schedule and hope to have everything back and running by the end of the year. Thank you for your patience.